Looking for an alternative to
traditional ear tubes for your child?
We are pleased to off the newest option called the
• No anesthesia
• No fasting
• < 5 Minutes to complete
• Performed in office
PRAIRIE SEA CLINCS CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION PAGE
HELPFUL CORONAVIRUS LINKS:
* NORTH DAKOTA DEPT OF HEALTH GUIDELINES: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus
* NORTH DAKOTA CORONAVIRUS NEWS FEED: https://www.health.nd.gov/news
* CORONAVIRUS NORTH DAKOTA HOTLINE AND PREPARATION GUIDELINES: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus-public
* 15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD (CDC/WhiteHouse): https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
* SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES: VIRUS SPREAD MAY OCCUR BEFORE SYMPTOMS: HELP PROTECT PEOPLE JUST LIKE US, PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS, AND CO-WORKERS, AND COMMUNITY: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816490025/quarantine-self-isolation-social-distancing-what-they-mean-and-when-to-do-them
* CHILDCARE AWARE - CHILDCARE RESOURCE INFORMATION: https://ndchildcare.org/providers/coronavirus.html
* BISMARCK PUBLIC SCHOOL INFORMATION: https://www.bismarckschools.org/covid-19
* NORTH DAKOTA DEPT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION INFORMATION: https://www.nd.gov/dpi/nddpi-updates-and-guidance-covid-19
* HANDWASHING GUIDELINES POSTER: http://blogs.und.edu/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/127/2020/03/NDDOH-Prevent-COVID-19.pdf
* SEASONAL FLU VS CORONAVIRUS INFOGRAPHIC (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/resource-center/freeresources/graphics/seasonal-vs-pandemic-flu-infographic.htm
Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
... Pediatric Food Allergies Pediatric food allergies involve a child’s allergic reaction to something they’ve ingested or inhaled, which can lead to itching, swelling, redness, dizziness, sneezing, vomiting, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms...
Click on the links below to learn more: Dizziness Ear Infection Ear Wax Hearing Loss Tinnitus
...If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately: Trouble breathing (such as gasping for air, being unable to talk without catching their breath, severe wheezing, nostrils flaring) Persistent pain or pressure in the chest Bluish lips or face Signs of low blood pressure (too weak to stand, dizziness, lightheaded, feeling cold, pale, clammy skin) Dehydration (dry lips and mouth, not urinating much, sunken eyes) New confusion Unconscious or very difficult to wake up Slurred speech or difficulty speaking (new or worsening) New or worsening seizures Inability to wake or stay awake Urgent medical attention may be needed as you answered YES to EMERGENT COVID SYMPTOMS...
Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
... Common symptoms of AIED can include: Progressive SNHL in both ears that occurs over weeks to months that is not always the same in both ears Fluctuating hearing Dizziness or imbalance (approximately 50 percent of AIED cases) Ringing in the ears, or tinnitus Ear fullness (approximately 25 to 50 percent of AIED cases) Conductive hearing loss may be present due to Eustachian tube obstruction from inflamed middle ear lining and/or if AIED is because of systemic autoimmune diseases Symptoms of systemic autoimmune diseases, such as fatigue, achy muscles, swelling and redness, low-grade fever, and more What Causes AIED...
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
Do you get a spinning vertigo or dizziness sensation in certain head positions...
Conductive Hearing Loss
... Symptoms of conductive hearing loss can vary depending on the exact cause and severity (see below), but may include or be associated with: Muffled hearing Sudden or steady loss of hearing Full or “stuffy” sensation in the ear Dizziness Draining of the ear Pain or tenderness in the ear What Causes Conductive Hearing Loss...
... Symptoms of earaches in infants and toddlers may include: Hearing problems Pulling or scratching the ear Crying or irritability Ear drainage Fever Symptoms of earaches in young children, adolescents, and adults may include: Pain Hearing problems Full or “stuffy” sensation in the ear Dizziness or loss of balance Nausea, vomiting Ear drainage Fever What Causes Earaches...
Ears and Altitude (Barotrauma)
... Some symptoms of barotrauma include: Ear pressure Ear pain Hearing loss Dizziness What Causes Barotrauma...
Earwax (Cerumen Impaction)
...Common solutions used for syringing include water and saline, which should be warmed to body temperature to prevent dizziness...
Ménière’s disease (also called idiopathic endolymphatic hydrops) is one of the most common causes of dizziness originating in the inner ear...
...If a patient is prone to dizziness or has a diagnosis of Ménière’s disease [LINK], then trying a hearing aid [LINK] before surgery may be advised...
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
...Medication for nausea and dizziness is also helpful during treatment to support recovery...
Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SNHL)
... Symptoms of SNHL may include: Muffled hearing Difficulty understanding speech Sudden or steady loss of hearing Full or “stuffy” sensation in the ear Ringing in the ear Dizziness What Causes SNHL...