MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER....
HUMMINGBIRD IN-OFFICE EAR TUBE SYSTEM
FDA APPROVED FOR CHILDREN AGED 6-24 MONTHS
RESEARCH PROTOCOL BASED FOR CHILDREN 25 MONTHS - 17 YEARS OF AGE
PRAIRIE SEA CLINIC ANNOUNCES
IN-OFFICE EAR TUBE PLACEMENT
KEEPS CHILDREN OUT OF THE OPERATING ROOM DURING
REVOLUTIONARY PROCEDURE NOW AVAILABLE IN NORTH DAKOTA
PRAIRIE SEA CLINCS CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION PAGE
HELPFUL CORONAVIRUS LINKS:
* NORTH DAKOTA DEPT OF HEALTH GUIDELINES: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus
* NORTH DAKOTA CORONAVIRUS NEWS FEED: https://www.health.nd.gov/news
* CORONAVIRUS NORTH DAKOTA HOTLINE AND PREPARATION GUIDELINES: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus-public
* 15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD (CDC/WhiteHouse): https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf
* SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES: VIRUS SPREAD MAY OCCUR BEFORE SYMPTOMS: HELP PROTECT PEOPLE JUST LIKE US, PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS, AND CO-WORKERS, AND COMMUNITY: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816490025/quarantine-self-isolation-social-distancing-what-they-mean-and-when-to-do-them
* CHILDCARE AWARE - CHILDCARE RESOURCE INFORMATION: https://ndchildcare.org/providers/coronavirus.html
* BISMARCK PUBLIC SCHOOL INFORMATION: https://www.bismarckschools.org/covid-19
* NORTH DAKOTA DEPT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION INFORMATION: https://www.nd.gov/dpi/nddpi-updates-and-guidance-covid-19
* HANDWASHING GUIDELINES POSTER: http://blogs.und.edu/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/127/2020/03/NDDOH-Prevent-COVID-19.pdf
* SEASONAL FLU VS CORONAVIRUS INFOGRAPHIC (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/resource-center/freeresources/graphics/seasonal-vs-pandemic-flu-infographic.htm
Our team of specialists and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire Web site, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
From sore throats and earaches to sinusitis or hearing loss, Prairie Sinus Ear & Allergy PC is equipped to handle all your Otolaryngology needs...
Click on the link below to learn more: Sore Throat
Aging and Swallowing Aspiration Cricopharyngeal Muscle Dysfunction Dysphagia GERD and LPR Hoarseness Salivary Gland Disorders Sore Throats Spasmodic Dysphonia Tonsillitis Tonsils and Adenoids Vocal Cord Paralysis Voice Box (Laryngeal) Cancer Zenker’s Diverticulum
Salivary Gland Disorders
...These lymph nodes are the structures in the upper neck that often become tender during a common sore throat...
Everybody gets a sore throat now and then...
... Common symptoms include fever, sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes, but the type of tonsillitis determines what symptoms may occur...
Tonsils and Adenoids
...Symptoms may include: Swelling of the tonsils Redder than normal tonsils A white or yellow coating on the tonsils A slight change in the voice due to swelling Sore throat sometimes accompanied by ear pain Uncomfortable or painful swallowing Swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the neck Fever Bad breath If your or your child’s tonsils or adenoids are enlarged, it may be hard to breathe through the nose, or cause difficulty while sleeping...
Voice Box (Laryngeal) Cancer
... Signs and symptoms of laryngeal cancer include: Worsening or persistent hoarseness Difficulty swallowing Persistent sore throat or pain with swallowing Difficulty breathing Pain in the ear Lump in the neck Coughing up blood Anyone with these signs or symptoms should be evaluated by an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist, or otolaryngologist...
... Following surgery, you may notice: A sore throat Pain in your ears Pain at your incision site Pain in your jaw joints You should call your ENT specialist if you experience any of these post-surgical symptoms: If you have a hard time breathing (go to ER or call 911) If you have signs of a wound infection (fever, redness, swelling, tenderness, pus-like drainage) If you have chest, upper back, or neck pain If you cough up or vomit more than a few tablespoons of blood If you have a fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit What Questions Should I Ask My Doctor...
Snoring, Sleeping Disorders and Sleep Apnea
... Symptoms associated with OSA can include: Loud snoring Pauses in breathing during sleep Waking up gasping or choking Waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat Daytime sleepiness or fatigue Frequent nighttime urination Morning headache Irritability, mood changes, depression, difficulty concentrating High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, or other cardiac issues What Causes OSA...
... The following symptoms may indicate a sinus infection in your child: A cold lasting more than 10 to 14 days Low- or even high-grade fever Thick yellow-green nasal drainage for at least three days in a row Post-nasal drip, sometimes with sore throat, cough, bad breath, nausea and/or vomiting Headache, usually in children age six or older Irritability or fatigue Swelling around the eyes What Causes Pediatric Sinusitis...
Pediatric Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
...Other symptoms include: Crying or irritability Poor appetite, or feeding and swallowing problems Weight loss or poor weight gain Wet burps or vomiting, or regurgitation Stomach aches Abdominal and/or chest pain Sore throat Hoarseness Asthma or wheezing Chronic coughing and throat clearing Chronic sinusitis Ear infections and/or fluid in the ear Tooth decay What Causes Pediatric GERD...
Neck Mass in Adults
... Do you have ear pain or sore throats that don’t go away...